“We're proud to have won both Thumbtack's Best of 2015 and Best of 2016 awards thanks to our outstanding reviews. See what customers are saying on our Thumbtack page." The only purpose for a resume is to help you get an interview with someone who does not know you. If you know someone in a position of influence, you probably don't need a resume. However, for most of us, a resume is the only way to get noticed.
1. It is organized in an orderly format and is easy to read.
2. It gives the reader an introductory summary that says who you are and describes your objective.
3. It has no grammatical, spelling, or word usage (to, too, two...there, their, they're) errors.
4. It gives evidence of your skills and experience to establish credibility. Most people have skills that are transferable from one job to another...things like organization, creativity, and attention to detail, to name a few.
5. It reveals something about the person behind the data that helps the reader think that you are someone they could enjoy being on their team.
Most resumes do not meet all five of these criteria.
When you apply for jobs online today, your resume is screened by an Applicant Tracking System filter for key words and phrases. If your resume does not have those key words and phrases, it is discarded before anyone sees it.
Many people today use matchmaker sites like Match.com or E-Harmony to find others who are interested in a romantic personal relationship. Everyone who uses these sites creates an online profile that tells others some information that helps them decide if that person is someone they want to meet.
Hiring decisions are made in much the same way. When there are many candidates who appear qualified, the one that will stand out is the one that tells the reader something about the person behind the data.
That is what I do for my clients. I help them set themselves apart from other well-qualified candidates so that they can get that first "date" that we call an "interview."
I've applied for several positions using the resume you updated for me and was asked to interview with every company.
However, even better news is that one of the companies that I targeted called me yesterday with a offer for a management position with a substantial raise from my previous salary with ________. Can't thank you enough. Enjoy your holidays!!!"
Here is our easy-to-understand pricing structure:
If your level of experience is Your price is
Entry level (less than two years of experience) $119
> $2 years, but < 5 years $139
> 5 years, but < 10 years $159
> 10 years, but not at manager level $199
VP, General Manager, Controller, CMO, CIO $249
New Wave Resumes: A Professional Resume Writing Service You can contact us at email@example.com. Our phone number is 512-422-8258. To stay up-to-date on information that you can use in your job search, check out our blog at http://newwaveresumes.blogspot.com. New Wave Resumes 3616 Far West Blvd Suite 117-223 Austin, TX 78731 E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org