POINTS to CONSIDER
1. As good as you may be at what you do, there are others who are equally skilled in the same field. Certainly, it's important to show your skills and expertise in your resume, but it is every bit as important to present yourself as someone who can work effectively with other people and fit well into the organizational culture. If your resume does not do that, you will appear as just another candidate that is part of the crowd seeking the same position. If you can see a job that is posted online, so can everyone else in the world. If you want to set yourself apart, contact us.
2. If your resume does not have the key words/phrases that the organizations want to see, it will be discarded electronically before anyone ever sees it.
3. Without a great cover letter to accompany your resume, your chances of being selected for an interview go down by 80%.
4. There is no such thing as a "one-size-fits-all" resume in today's job market. Each position you pursue should have a resume tailored to that position. I design resumes and cover letters that are easy for you to edit and customize for each position you pursue, saving you time and money.
1. Free resume consultation (phone, video, or in-person in the Austin area)
2. Free resume review: send it to us as an attachment and we give you a written review with what we think it needs, how we can improve it, and what it will cost.
3. Fast turn-around...usually within 3 business days.
4. Customized resume for the job you want..not from a template.
(Plus...easy for you to revise as needed, and we show you how)
5. Content and formatting that make you stand out from the crowd instead of blending into it.
A customized resume makes you stand out from the crowd rather than blend into it.
Anyone can use one of the free, online templates, and they are fine if you just need a resume to file with your employer, but if you need a resume to help you get an interview, think "customized."
Your resume has only one purpose:
TO HELP YOU GET AN INTERVIEW WITH SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW YOU!
That's it. The best way to get an interview is to know someone in the ohat's it. The best way to get an interview is to know someone in the organization, but most of us don't have that option. That's why your resume has to make you stand out from the crowd rather than blend into it.
Think of it like a dating profile on a match-making site. Your profile will not attract anyone if it lists just routine,
boring data about your jobs and education. Employers want to know about the skills you can bring with you and how you will fit into their organizational culture. If your resume does not
offer that information, you are not making yourself stand out from other, similarly qualified and experienced candidates.
It may be that your resume is already just fine, but you need a great cover letter. The cover letter is every bit as critical and important as the resume. We can help you with that for only a fraction of the cost of a new resume.
Send us your resume for review and a link to the job (or your description) you want to pursue. We can create a cover letter for you and put the resume and cover letter into one, uploadable file for you and save you time and money.
Prices depend on the length of the document and how much time it will take to create it. The majority of the resumes I create are in the $139 to $179 range. For documents two pages or less, most are $139 - $149. I will tell you up front what it will cost, why, and when you can expect to receive the first draft.
(We will show you how to modify it to fit any job you pursue)
Companies want to know about the person behind the data, because as good as your credentials might be, there are lots of other candidates who have equally impressive skills, experience, and education. Give yourself the advantage and perception of appearing unique.
Contact us at (512) 422-8258 or by email at email@example.com. Send your resume to us for a free review!
1. Good Riddance to the One-Page Resume
2. Why Your Resume is not Getting Results
3. Note to Jobseekers: The Rules Have Changed
4. How to Make Yourself Attractive to Recruiters on LinkedIn
5. How Technology Affects Your Job Search
6. An End to Age Discrimination?
7. Why Your Resume Must Be Customized for Each Opportunity
8. The Importance of Culture Fit
9. The Right Thing or the Smart Thing: Another Lesson They Don't Teach You in Business School
New Wave Resumes: A Professional Resume Writing Service You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our phone number is 512-422-8258. To stay up-to-date on information that you can use in your job search, check out our blog at http://newwaveresumes.blogspot.com. New Wave Resumes 3616 Far West Blvd Suite 117-223 Austin, TX 78731 E-mail Address: email@example.com
New Wave Résumés
5401 S FM 1626
Kyle, TX 78640
Phone: (512) 422-8258
Fax: (512) 262-0057
Or use our contact form.
New Wave serves the greater Austin area and the rest of the U.S.